You cannot manually enroll users at the student permission level to your Canvas class.
If you have any of the following, follow the specified directions to have the user enrolled within your course at the student permission level.
- Faculty Evaluator: Contact Heidi Willis at (760) 795-6827 or email@example.com in the Office of Instruction when you need to provide access to a peer, your chair, etc. to conduct an evaluation.
- Tutor: Contact Janine Washabaugh at (760) 757-2121 ext. 7748 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the Tutoring & Academic Support Center (TASC) .
- Writing Center SI Leader: Contact Jessica Perez-Corona at (760) 757-2121 ext. 6339 or email@example.com in the Writing Center.
- Community Education Student: Contact Karen Turpin using the form here or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the confirmation of student enrollment through community education, the SURF ID of the student, and your 4 digit class number.
Also, keep in mind:
To add a TA or other MiraCosta College employee to your Canvas course with TA, designer, or observer permissions, see this set of instructions.
DO NOT attempt to add students to your course on Canvas. Students are automatically enrolled from SURF to your Canvas course several times a day.
You should not add anyone to Canvas as a teacher. Teachers are assigned via SURF.
The following steps will to assist you with changing your sample student account password. Your password is reset two times a year at the same time your employee password is reset. Follow these directions after your employee password is reset, or when you need to reset the password for security purposes.
( Download Handout )
Part A: Navigate to the Password Reset Web Page
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer).
- Navigate to the web address: https://pw.miracosta.edu/Staff
- Notice that the title of the web page is MiraCosta Password Management
System Employee Password Information.
Part B: Changing Your Password
- Enter your sample student login into the Staff/Faculty Active Directory Your sample student account is the same as your MiraCosta faculty account with a –student at the end.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter your current password in the box. This is the password you have used prior to the password reset. If you do not know this password, call the Employee Helpdesk at 760-795-6850 for a temporary password.
If you answered the Security Questions during a previous session in the password reset tool that option will display here and you can use those instead of a password to verify your identity.
- Click the Verify password button.
- Click the Change passwords link.
- Enter your new password in the New password box, then type it again in the Confirm Your password must meet the requirements listed below. Use the drop-down to view example/suggested passwords.
- Click the Change passwords button.
- View the results of your password reset.
Successful Password Change
Congratulations, you have successfully changed your password and may now log on to Blackboard as a sample student with your sample student login and password.
Unsuccessful Password Change
You will be prompted to enter the new password again. A reminder about password format requirements will display in the red box at the top of the page.
As you have likely heard, MiraCosta College will be transitioning to the Canvas course management system over the next two years. This decision was finalized on Friday by the College Council, concluding an in-depth and inclusive process this spring. The attached 6-page document summarizes the evaluation process and provides an overview of the transition timeline and support over the next two years
Some important highlights:
- Blackboard and Moodle will continue to be available through spring 2018; only Canvas will be supported for MiraCosta classes starting in summer 2018.
- MiraCosta’s Canvas system will be available to all faculty starting this November.
- For fall semester instruction, we have a limited license for Canvas, allowing for 400 total users (faculty and students), meaning that we likely can have 10-15 instructors using Canvas for one class each in fall 2016.
- Faculty who wish to try out Canvas prior to November but who are not part of the fall pilot group may access Canvas for free via https://www.canvaslms.com/try-canvas.
- See the MiraCosta TIC site with many links for Canvas training and support.
I am planning to soon send out a call for interest in being one of the 10-15 fall pilot faculty using Canvas for one class. The intent is that this group would be involved over several semesters, and thus this opportunity is open only to full-time faculty. The expectations and support of these faculty are to be negotiated by the district and Faculty Assembly, but if you would like to let me know of your interest in this opportunity, please feel free to let me know. Once the structure has been determined for the pilot group, I will send a message to all full-time faculty.
It is worth noting that over 70 other California Community Colleges have also made the decision to transition to Canvas, including several of our SDICCCA neighbors.
Finally, my thanks to the faculty, staff, students and administrators who participated on the CMS evaluation task force. They accomplished excellent work in a very tight timeframe, and MiraCosta should be confident in the quality of the decision-making process.
Jim Julius, Ed.D.
Faculty Director, Online Education
Vice President, Academic Senate