Workshops & Resources
Time spent engaged with any of the professional learning resources listed below, whether live, archived, or other formats, is Flex-eligible. See this PDP presentation for details on how to record your activities.
Recommended current/upcoming professional learning opportunities for online education
- Sign up for a 4-week MiraCosta online Introduction to Teaching with Canvas class (one final spring class beginning in late April)
- NCHEA is sponsoring an OER dinner event for faculty at Palomar College on Thursday, Apr. 19, 10 am-3 pm. See the flyer for details and register here.
- Sign up for an upcoming online 1-hour webinar (free) or full course (may be a fee) on online teaching from @One.
Key Resources for MiraCosta faculty involved in online education (teaching fully online or hybrid classes, or using online technologies to enhance on-ground classes)
- Canvas faculty support site with tons of screencasts, links, guides, and resources
- MiraCosta Online Class Quality Guidelines (pdf)
- MiraCosta Guidelines for Departments: Preparation of Online Faculty (pdf) document
- MiraCosta Administrative Procedure 4105 (pdf) on Distance Education
- Brief FAQ about Distance Education (pdf) and why it is treated differently in policy and procedure
- 1-page overview of Online Ed and TIC Resources (pdf)
- Tutorials, videos, and other support resources available via the TIC site
- The latest news and tips from the Online Education department
Online ed workshop archives
- Workshop Archives – View recordings of Online Ed workshops and/or download workshop handouts
- You may also be interested in the Program for Online Teaching’s resources and recordings from past workshops
Full details of past Online Education workshops (to learn more about sessions viewable at the workshop archives):
- Fall 2017 workshops
- Spring 2017 workshops
- Fall 2016 workshops
- Spring 2016 workshops
- Fall 2015 workshops
- Spring 2015 workshops
- Fall 2014 workshops
Additional professional learning resources
- Explore recommended Open Educational Resources and supporting info and events for MiraCosta faculty
- Access a wealth of resources including software training videos from lynda.com on the Professional Learning Network website for all CCC employees.
- Get up to speed on 3CMediaSolutions, a great CCC resource for storing, captioning, streaming, and curating instructional video.
- If you teach a C-ID approved class online and are curious about how you can take advantage of the OEI Peer Course Review process, review info here.
- Keep in mind the CCC Online Teaching Conference each June. For 2018 it will be June 18-20 in Anaheim. Check out archived sessions from the CCC Online Teaching Conference
- Consider other online education conferences
- Resource Guide/Handbook for MCC Online Education (pdf) – last updated Spring 2011