Respondus is a quiz authoring and management tool that allows instructors to create exams, quizzes, and surveys offline that can then be published directly to Canvas. Test questions can be uploaded from a text file, rich text file, or Word document. Existing Canvas tests can be downloaded, saved, and printed.
MiraCosta College has a campus-wide license for the Respondus software allowing installation of the software on any on campus computer or faculty personal computer. Respondus is a Windows application. For MAC users Respondus is available via VMWare.
- Download Respondus – You will need your MiraCosta College login and password.
- Submit a Helpdesk request for installation of Respondus on your campus computer.
Tutorial: Create a QTI File in Respondus for Import to MCC Canvas
Example Word File & Tech Tips for Word File Import to Respondus
- Respondus Word Sample File – Download this sample file to test importing from MS-Word to Respondus (file will begin downloading when clicked on)
- Tech Tip: Importing Word Files with Respondus – Blog post on how a test in MS Word format can be imported into Respondus
Additional Respondus Documentation
- Respondus Quick Start Guide
- Respondus User Guide
- Video Tutorials
- Respondus: Exporting a Quiz out of Canvas and Importing to Respondus – A step by step guide by Southern Utah University on how to export a quiz from Canvas, and import to Respondus.