3C Media Solutions
3C Media Solutions is a streaming media server for all California Community College faculty and staff. You can upload audio & video files and make them available securely, privately (if desired), and ad-free. Professional captioning is available at no cost.
3CMedia accepts files in the following formats: mp4, m4v, mkv, flv, wmv, avi, mov, mpg, webm, mp3, m4a, wma, wav
- Optimal size for Audio file embed is 450 x 50.
- Optimal size for Video file embed is 1280 x 720.
3C Media How-To Tutorials/Videos
- How to register for a 3C Media Solutions account (video, 2 minutes)
- All 3C Media Solutions tutorials
- Using the 3C Media LTI within Canvas by Karen Turpin (video, 4 minutes)
- Simplifying Videos with the 3C Media Canvas Integration Tool Canvas Q&A by Greg Beyrer (video, 26 minutes)
- 3C Media Solutions for Faculty and Staff by Karen Turpin & Tiffiny Hickey (video, 56 minutes; see PowerPoint slides)
- Accessible Narrated PowerPoint Presentations in Canvas (tutorial)
To request professional captioning on instructional videos, first upload a video to 3C Media Solutions. After uploading it takes a little time (up to a few hours) for initial processing. Then:
- Log into 3C Media Solutions
- Click My Account at upper right
- Click the Media tab at the top
- Locate your video from the list
- Click Details & Options on the right
- Click the link labeled DECT Captioning Grant
- Fill out and submit the form. Within a few days your video will have professional captions.
You may be interested in A Rising Tide: How Closed Captions Can Benefit All Students, an article with solid research indicating how widely used and important captions are for the majority of students today.