Adding faculty evaluators, tutors, SI leaders, STEM Tutors, Writing Center Tutors, and community ed students to Canvas classes
You cannot manually enroll users at the student permission level to your Canvas class.
If you have any of the following, follow the specified directions to have the user enrolled within your course at the student permission level.
- Faculty Evaluator: Contact Heidi Willis at (760) 795-6827 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of Instruction when you need to provide access to a peer, your chair, etc. to conduct an evaluation. On the People roster, within Canvas, the user will be assigned the Evaluator role. The Evaluator role has the same permissions as the Student role in Canvas.
- Tutor: Contact Carolyn Goodspeed at (760) 757-2121 ext. 7748 or email@example.com in the Tutoring & Academic Support Center (TASC) . On the People roster, within Canvas, the user will be assigned the Tutor role.
- STEM Learning Center Tutor: Contact Amy Papopao at (760) 757-2121 ext. 6389 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the STEM Learning Center. On the People roster, within Canvas, the user will be assigned the STEM Tutor role.
- SI Leader: Contact Jessica Perez-Corona at (760) 757-2121 ext. 6339 or email@example.com in the Supplemental Instruction program. On the People roster, within Canvas, the user will be assigned the SI leader role.
- Writing Center: Contact Sara Pultz at (760) 795-6861 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the Writing Center. On the People roster, within Canvas, the user will be assigned the WC SI leader role.
- Community Education Student: Contact Karen Turpin at email@example.com. Include the confirmation of student enrollment through community education, the SURF ID of the student, and your 4 digit class number.
Also, keep in mind:
To add a TA or other MiraCosta College employee to your Canvas course with TA or designer permissions, see this set of instructions.
DO NOT attempt to add students to your course on Canvas. Students are automatically enrolled from SURF to your Canvas course several times a day.
You should not add anyone to Canvas as a teacher. Teachers are assigned via SURF.