Zoom provides a reliable, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly tool for live, recordable online presentations, meetings, and discussions with audio, video, chat, screen sharing, polling, and more. It can be used within Canvas or independently. ConferZoom is the CCC “branding” of Zoom and is available to all faculty and students at no charge. Faculty need to sign up for Zoom through the ConferZoom site to obtain unlimited access to all features of Zoom. Please be aware that as of April 2018, live captioning is not yet available to all within ConferZoom, but it is expected to come soon.
- More information about ConferZoom
- Sign Up – Free for MCC Faculty. Sign up with your @miracosta.edu email address
- User Guides
Canvas Integration with ConferZoom
Enable ConferZoom within your Canvas course.
- Enter your Canvas course
- Click Settings on the course menu
- Click the Navigation tab
- Click the 3 dots to the right of ConferZoom and select Enable.
- Click the Save button
- Click the ConferZoom course menu item which will appear in your course menu.
How to Use ConferZoom in Canvas
Review the following guide on how to use ConferZoom in Canvas.