Professional Learning for Quality Online Teaching – Spring 23
I’m happy to share with you some cool opportunities coming up: online teaching courses led by MiraCosta faculty, a local AI discussion workshop series, the CCC Online Teaching Conference in June, and additional free webinars.
MiraCosta Online Mentors will offer three professional learning courses for MiraCosta faculty starting Monday, April 3. Sign up now for any of our three course options (quotes are from MiraCosta faculty who took these earlier this spring):
- Introduction to Asynchronous Online Teaching and Learning (“It gave me many ideas on what to do in my own classes.”)
- Creating Accessible Course Content (“This course can be helpful to any faculty, not only those with online courses but for anyone utilizing Canvas or other online resources”)
- Humanizing Online Teaching and Learning (“This class is well organized and provides great samples to help you find new ways to connect with your students”)
We’ve held two great Zoom workshops about Artificial Intelligence this spring, with two more coming up on April 14 and May 12, 2-3:30 pm. You can view or join a developing Canvas course where you’ll find links to recordings and resources we’re gathering.
Registration for the 2023 CCC Online Teaching Conference June 21-23 in Long Beach is now open. The Online Education budget can provide support for registration costs for interested faculty – please reply to me to learn how. Don’t forget that there may be additional budget resources to support your attendance at this conference. Discounted registration ends May 10. Let’s send a good group of MiraCosta faculty to this excellent event!
Online teaching webinars and recordings that may interest you:
- We’ve redesigned our TIC website to include Flex workshop archives on every main online technology page – go to tic.miracosta.edu and select any of the technologies listed in the Media & Technologies menu
- @ONE is running a series on teaching online with video – check out the great resources and upcoming workshops
- @ONE has archives of past webinar series on Equitable Online Teaching and Accessible Online Course Design
Jim Julius, Ed.D.
Faculty Director, Online Education
MiraCosta College Online Education | MiraCosta Online Faculty Support