Feb 2022 MiraCosta Faculty Online Support 💥now with weekly challenges!
February is already here! Still polishing your class design and online teaching skills? There are so many great opportunities and resources!
First I want to highlight something 💥 brand spanking new 💥 . Our MiraCosta Online Mentor faculty and instructional designer are putting together a series of weekly challenges to be held throughout this spring!
- Each challenge will enable you to make a small but important improvement to your classes
- Each challenge is designed to require no more than 3 hours of your time
- You are welcome to participate as much or little as you like
- The challenges will be based in our new MiraCosta Teaching Collaborative space in Canvas (feel free to take a peek!)
- The first challenge will start on Feb. 7 – look for more info coming soon!
Beyond that, I invite you to check out our TIC home page which includes essential information for any MiraCosta faculty member teaching using online technologies. It now includes:
- links to recordings of our workshop series from Flex week about the items on the new required self-checklist for online teaching
- links to register for online teaching webinars coming up soon, offered by technology providers such as Perusall, Pronto, PlayPosit, and Respondus, as well as from @ONE.
- faculty support options including MiraCosta Online Mentor and the MiraCosta Instructional Designer, Nadia Khan
Finally, a reminder that Student Online Academic Readiness workshops are continuing this week and next – please share the schedule and signup form with your students if you’d like to encourage them to attend a one hour workshop where they will get tips on Zoom, Canvas, time management, online library resources, and all the amazing forms of support that MiraCosta provides to them online.
Jim Julius, Ed.D.
Faculty Director, Online Education