C3-2-1 Newsletter – Spring 2022 Week 1!
Welcome Back Faculty,
I am the Interim Coordinator of our C3 Teaching and Learning Center
I hope this first week back is as productive, stress-free, and enjoyable as possible during a time of continued upheaval. I want to start by thanking Denise Stephenson, Debby Adler, the PDP Committee, and the amazing FLEX week presenters for bringing us such relevant and exciting topics. I know many of you are in the middle of teaching (or even reworking) your courses for the mostly online start to our semester. As isolated as some of us may be feeling, know that you are not alone. My hope is to find creative ways to connect with you and to help you connect more with one another.
These weekly newsletters feature 3 resources related to teaching and learning, 2 online tips and tricks, and 1 question for reflection.
- Watch the FLEX Week Keynote with Fabiola Torres or consult the Becoming Equity Champions resource she created for MiraCosta. If you’re feeling motivated, consider taking more courses with Fabiola and her peers through @ONE’s Equitable Online Teaching series.
- You’re teaching online, and you want to run an idea by someone. Connect with a MiraCosta Online Mentor. And, our Instructional Designer Nadia Khan is offering drop in times this week, too (or schedule a consultation with Nadia year round)! These options are all free, easy, and super helpful!
- With the many changes, it can be hard to keep up. It’s difficult to fully imagine just how much this is impacting our students. Here are some quick resources that you may want to have handy to share with students:
Spring Return to Campus information for Students
Student Support Guide 2022
Student Online Academic Readiness workshops
CARE Emergency Grants and Technology Requests
(2) Tips & Tricks
- Are you struggling to connect with your online students? Try Pronto – this quick Canvas/Pronto video will you get started.
- Turn videos into interactive experiences using Studio. Learn to use Studio Quizzes and Annotations.
- How are you connecting with your students and colleagues? How would you like to better connect?
Looking for archived resources, tips/tricks, and questions?
Revisit the past editions of the C3-2-1 Newsletter.
Want to share?
If you have some resources, tips/tricks, and questions to share, please contribute to the newsletter using this C3-2-1 Form.
With recognition and respect,
Interim Joyful Teacher in Residence/
Coordinator of the C3 Teaching and Learning Center
Web Services + Emerging Technology Librarian