Conversations Connecting Colleagues – A C3 Professional Learning Opportunity
I am excited to introduce new programming from our C3 Teaching and Learning Center. Conversations Connecting Colleagues is an effort to get us discussing important issues related to our profession. Once a month, I will release an article related to teaching and learning. Over the course of the month, you can engage with our faculty community by annotating the article and responding to others’ annotations. We will use a program called Hypothesis. Hypothesis is a tool that allows us to have a shared and social reading experience. You can jump in and out of the conversation anytime over the month. Once the social reading period is over, we will host a debrief session (On the first Wednesday of the month from 9:45am to 10:45am) in the C3 Teaching and Learning Center and online via Zoom.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create an account on the Hypothesis website
- Once your account is confirmed and live, use this link to join our group: MiraCosta C3
- Return to the Hypothesis site and click on “Get Started”
- On the “Get Started” Page, you will be able to add Hypothesis to your browser by installing an extension.
- Next, you can access our article for the month by clicking on – A call for promoting ownership, equity, and agency in faculty development via connected learning. Now access your Hypothesis browser extension and open the sidebar menu on the right side of the screen. Next, use the dropdown menu to get into our group discussion by selecting “MiraCosta C3.”
From here, you can start annotating by selecting any text, clicking “annotate” and submitting your text. You can also see what other folks in the group have noted and reply to their submissions.
My hope is that Conversations Connecting Colleagues will engage our community and start important discussions on issues that matter to us.
Our article for February 2020
A call for promoting ownership, equity, and agency in faculty development via connected learning by Maha Bali and Autumm Caines
***Conversations Connecting Colleagues is FLEX Eligible***
Our first debrief session will be on Wednesday, March 4 from 9:45am to 10:45am. I will send out a reminder one week prior to our meeting.
Joyful Teacher in Residence
Coordinator, C3 Teaching and Learning Center
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
P 760.757.2121 x7713