The New Gradebook is (as of August 2018) an opt-in feature that allows instructors an improved Gradebook experience. Check out the How do I use the New Gradebook? Canvas guide for an overview of the features this provides. It is expected that within the next 6-9 months, the original Gradebook will be removed and everyone will use the New Gradebook.
Opt in to the New Canvas Gradebook
Enable the New Gradebook
In MCC Canvas within a Canvas course:
- Click Settings at the bottom of your course menu
- Click the Feature Options tab
- Click the toggle button to the right of New Gradebook beta. The New Gradebook is on when the toggle button is green and a check mark is displayed.
Access the New Gradebook
In MCC Canvas with a Canvas Course:
- Click Grades (from the course menu)
New Gradebook Resources
- How do I use the New Gradebook? – Getting Started with the new gradebook.
- New Gradebook Guide – Table of Contents – All guides for the new gradebook for instructors and students.
- Canvas Release: New Gradebook – The new gradebook is a beta feature that allows instructors to view an improved version of the gradebook. This feature makes grading more flexible and intuitive and elevates the gradebook user experience.
- New Gradebook Users Group – This group contains existing information about the new gradebook including frequently asked questions, product feedback commentary, community discussions, bug reports, and known issues.