C3-2-1 Newsletter – Spring 2022 Week (I lost count)!
Welcome back to the last 8 weeks of the semester. I hope your Spring Break was everything you wanted it to be!
These weekly newsletters feature 3 resources related to teaching and learning, 2 online tips and tricks, and 1 question for reflection.
- If you missed the Educator Burn Out workshop, you can watch the recording. In addition, this Thursday from 11:30am-12:30pm, the MiraCosta Wellness Committee is hosting a workshop: Mental Health Strategies for Teaching Professions. You can join via Zoom. And, if that’s not enough… The Library’s newest in person and online exhibit is all about mental health: It’s OK to Not be OK.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education has been offering an interesting virtual (and free) series this semester: Talking about Teaching. Some of these sessions have already taken place, but the recordings are still available. Topics include: The Changing Professor-Student Dynamic, How to Foster Motivation and Engagement in Your Class, The Future of Grading and Assessment. None of this should sound too unfamiliar as we are talking about similar things at MiraCosta, but it never hurts to get a different perspective.
- With education paradigms changing, do you wonder what teaching and learning might look like in the future? I always like to start with the user, and in this case, that means learners. Do you know what the Class of 2030 generation has been dubbed? Take a moment to learn about Generation Alpha!
(2) Tips & Tricks
- If you’re looking for some creative support to get past the End-of-Spring-Break-Slump, reach out to a peer faculty mentor and/or our instructional designer, Nadia Khan. You’ll walk away with a “spring” in your step.
- Have you ever asked yourself how students are interacting with your Canvas course? Chances are, they’re using Canvas’ To Do List. You may have missed Lisa M. Lane’s Spring Challenge, but lucky you, you can still access Taming the To Do List anytime! Psst: More Spring Challenges are coming in April!
- What are you excited to learn about before the end of Spring 2022?
Looking for archived resources, tips/tricks, and questions?
Revisit the past editions of the C3-2-1 Newsletter.
With Curiosity and Care,
Interim Joyful Teacher in Residence/
Coordinator of the C3 Teaching and Learning Center
Web Services + Emerging Technology Librarian