Meet Mana: Awesome Student, ASG President, and the New SAFE Topics Podcast’s Co-Host!
Hello campus community!
In this week’s episode, hosts Sean and curry introduce and welcome Mana Tadayon, the SAFE Topics’ newest co-host! Mana first joined us as a guest on the One Word Conversation episode with students on “Leaders” (S2E3). In today’s release, we welcome Mana as a part of the team and we can’t be excited enough! Listen in and join us in welcoming Mana!!
Ways to Listen!
What to Listen For
- Welcoming Mana!
- What is it about community college that keeps you coming back for more?
- The immediacy of impact on the campus community.
- Every single class has a new set of people and that’s amazing.
- There is agency and autonomy in the work we do – is it the same for students?
- What’s missing or makes community college harder?
- Canvas and the “to-do” list.
- Having passion and the energy to get through bad things.
- The trap of “we did it, so we can do it.”
- Teachers still come in nervous and with imposter syndrome.
- To care or not to care.
- What does community college promise to students and to teachers?
- What does the Associated Student Government promise students?
The S.A.F.E. Topics Team
curry mitchell – Faculty, Letters (Co-host)
Sean Davis – Faculty, Sociology (Co-host)
Mana Tadayon – Student, ASG President (Co-host)
Kelly Barnett – Intern and Music Technology Student (Audio Editor)
James Garcia – Associate Faculty, Sociology (Show Notes, Online)
Connect with Us
Stay great and have a fun and safe Spring Break!
The S.A.F.E. Topics Podcast Team