Equity Online: Celebrating Our Collaborative Work in Progress
Hello, Faculty Community!
This Friday the C3 Teaching & Learning Center and Online Education welcome you to a full day of celebrating, cultivating, and connecting around our commitment to equity-minded online education. This year has been incredibly challenging in so many ways, but our instructional practices have also advanced under those challenges, and this day is intended to both recognize the efforts of our community and to inspire and inform our ongoing work.
You may view a detailed schedule for the day,including Zoom links, but here are some quick highlights:
- 9:00 – Welcome and introduction to the day
- 9:30 – A panel of ASE students sharing their experiences as students during COVID-19
- 10:35 – Keynote address by Michelle Pacansky-Brock, known for her work helping CCC educators to humanize online teaching
- 12:30 – A SAFE Topics live podcast with ASE program faculty and staff sharing about student support during COVID-19
- 1:35-3:40 – three workshops to choose from, including:
- two-hour workshop on Canvas accessibility
- one hour workshop on Open Educational Resources
- one hour workshop on Addressing and Reducing Online Microaggressions
The day will also include social times at lunch (with a professional DJ supplying the soundtrack!) and at the end of the day.
Please plan to join us for some or all of this great day. We look forward to seeing you there!
Sean & Jim