Oct 2016 Update: Export / Import for Blackboard Courses from Spring 2015 and earlier
As of October 31, 2016, the Bb Archive server is no longer accessible to faculty. If you are looking for a Blackboard course from Spring 2015 or earlier contact the Employee Helpdesk at (760) 795-6850 or email@example.com
Provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
- Four (4) digit class number
- To obtain the 4 digit class number: Log on to SURF and review your my schedule area. You can change the term to review previous semester classes and obtain the 4 digit class number of the course.
Helpdesk will retrieve the course for you (if available) and provide you the export file. You can import that export file with the directions below under the heading ‘Import your Course to the Production Blackboard system’
MiraCosta’s Blackboard system was updated in summer 2015. You can learn more about the update here; this page details how to obtain and copy your courses for reuse from the old (pre-summer 2015) Blackboard system. As a reminder, the Course Copy feature has been disabled and you need to use the Export and Import tools. If you are looking to copy a course from Summer 2015 or later, please see here.
Import your Course to the Production Blackboard system
Import Your Course Package
- Enter the course you want to import the course into at https://blackboard.miracosta.edu
- Click Packages and Utilities in the Control Panel at left
- Click Import Package / View Logs
- Click Import Package.
- Provide the path to the course package .zip file or click Browse to search for the package file.
- Click the Select All button for the course materials to include.
- Click Submit.
When the import is complete, you will receive an email from the system. After you receive the email you may return to https://blackboard.miracosta.edu and your content will be available in the course.
Repeat for all courses you would like to import. Be careful to select the correct import file package you received from the helpdesk.
If you need assistance contact Karen Korstad at 760-795-6787 at firstname.lastname@example.org