Embed a YouTube Video within Blackboard with YouTube Embed Code
You can embed videos directly in to Blackboard with Embed Code from YouTube.
- Go to YouTube at https://www.youtube.com and find the video of your choice.
- Click on the video to open the video on its own page.
- Directly below the video select Share
- Select Embed
- Select all of the embed code displayed (starting with <iframe> and ending with </iframe>) and copy it.
Then return to Blackboard
- Go to Blackboard, to any content area, select Build Content
- Select Add Item
- Enter a name for your content item in the Name field. (this field is required).
- You should see 3 lines of tools in the Content Editor. If you see only 1 line (pictured below) – select the down arrow in the right corner to expand your toolbar to 3 rows of tools.
- Click the HTML button in the 3rd row of the toolbar.
- The HTML Code View window will appear. Paste your Embed code in to the HTML Code View window and select the Update button.
- You are now returned to the Content Editor window. Click the Submit button.
- Your embedded content will now display within this content item.
Note: Some browser will require you to refresh the page to view newly embedded content.