- TechSmith Relay: Chrome Web Browser Warning
- TechSmith Relay: YouTube Video Captioning Alert
- Silverlight is required on the Mac for Techsmith Relay – Self Hosted
TechSmith Relay enables all MiraCosta faculty and staff to easily create screencast videos including any content from their computer, along with webcam video if desired. Relay auto-captions videos and you can easily edit the captions to ensure they are correct (the captioning may seem poor at first, but over time both you and Relay get better at it!). Your videos can reside on screencast.com if you have an account there, or on YouTube.
Please note: Due to an incompatibility between Relay and YouTube that began on 9/3/2015, videos produced since that date that are/were captioned with TechSmith Relay and published through the profile ‘Caption and Publish to YouTube.com – MCC’ do not publish to YouTube with the captions attached. Review Techsmith Relay: YouTube Video Captioning Alert for more information and workaround options.
See the video below for a quick overview of how to access Relay, set up your YouTube account, and get started. Or visit the TechSmith Relay website for more information about what you can do with this software.
Getting Started with TechSmith Relay
Or click here to open video in a new tab.
- If you publish to YouTube from Relay at MiraCosta College you must log on and update your YouTube profile on Relay. In early 2015, YouTube changed how it authenticates with 3rd party applications. Those who set up their YouTube profile in Relay prior to that WILL NOT be able to publish to YouTube until they update their YouTube profile within Relay.
- To update your YouTube profile go to: https://relay.miracosta.edu. Log on with your MCC logon / Password and then select YouTube. Complete your profile and save it.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Relay software. To download go to: https://relay.miracosta.edu. Log on with your MCC username and password. Click on Downloads. Download and install the version that is right for your computer.
- Campus classroom or office computer? – Submit a Helpdesk Request to have the new software installed for you. You will be asking for ‘Techsmith Relay – Self Hosted software‘ to be installed on your classroom or office computer.