Respondus is a quiz authoring and management tool that allows instructors to create exams, quizzes, and surveys offline that can then be published directly to Canvas. Test questions can be uploaded from a text file, rich text file, or Word document. Existing Canvas tests can be downloaded, saved, and printed.
MiraCosta College has a campus-wide license for the Respondus software allowing installation of the software on any on campus computer or faculty personal computer.
- Download Respondus – You will need your MiraCosta College login and password.
- Submit a Helpdesk request for installation of Respondus on your campus computer.
Tutorials / Training
- Respondus user manual for Canvas
- Respondus Webinar Archive – Create and Manage Content with Respondus 4.0
- Tech Tip: Importing Word Files with Respondus 4.0 – Blog post on how a test in MS Word format can be imported into Respondus 4.0
- Respondus Word Sample File – Download this sample file to test importing from MS-Word to Respondus (file will begin downloading when clicked on)
- Respondus: Exporting a Quiz out of Canvas and Importing to Respondus – A step by step guide by Southern Utah University on how to export a quiz from Canvas, and import to Respondus.