Archive your Course
The Archive Course feature allows you to archive (save a backup) of your courses that includes student records in .zip format. The archive course zip file is intended for backup purposes only. You will be able to import an archive file in to any Blackboard system, however if you need the archive restored with student records, contact Karen Korstad.
- If you wish to save a copy of a course’s Grade Center for easier access than a course archive, see here
- If you wish to copy a course from one semester to another, use the export/import functions, not this archive procedure.
Course Archive Directions
- Enter your Blackboard course
- Scroll down to the Control Panel area on the left
- Click Packages and Utilities
- Click Export / Archive Course
- Click the Archive button.
- On the next page, select the check box if you want the Grade Center history to be included in the archive.
- Click the Submit button.
- Blackboard will generate a message “This action has been successfully queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete.” Click the Ok button to confirm.
- Once you receive the email that your course has been archived, return to this area (see steps 1 and 2).
- The .zip package of your archived course should now be listed.
- Click on the .zip file and choose to Save it.
- Save zipped course to the hard drive or onto a removable storage device (Floppy, CD, Flash drive, etc.).
NOTE: Archiving a course does not remove the original from the system